Sunday, May 31, 2009

In My Mailbox [10]

In My Mailbox is inspired by Alea and the brainchild of Kristi ...

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-One good...One evil...Who will prevail?Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.They just know they can't trust each other.
*Little, Brown August 1st, 2009.

I'm really excited about this one, after hearing all the great things about it so far. Thanks a ton for the book, Malinda!

Oh. My. Gods. - Tera Lynn Childs

A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.
When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uberexclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes—supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.


The premise of this sounds great, and hey, who doesn't love Greek mythology? Thanks a bunch for the book, Kate and Tera!

You Don't Know Me - David Klass
Hanging on to Max - Margaret Bechard

Thanks a bunch for the books, Bri!

Fairy Tale bookmarks & a magnet; aren't they just darling? Thanks, Cyn! Her debut novel Fairy Tale will be available from Delacorte on June 23rd, 2009.

So, what did you guys haul in this week?

14 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Cool week - Prophecy looks so good eh? I'm going to read it soon!

Carolina said...

Hope that you enjoy POTS! :)

Carolina said...

P.S. Your layout is very pretty xD

Liyana said...

OMG, I'm so jealous you have Oh.My.Gods. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

ZOMG MONKEYS! LOVE!

I like your pile this week... been wanting to read all of them. Also, I'm totally into those bookmarks/magnet. Is Cyn giving them out?

PS. responded to photography question via email! =)

Anonymous said...

You got some great books. Hope you enjoy them!

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

You have an award waiting at my blog! Yay for you! XD
Visit the link below to get it. :)

http://dahliaseclecticmind.blogspot.com/2009/05/enchanted-blog-award-and-literary.html

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week, they are all on my reading list. Enjoy.

stargirlreads said...

Hanging on to Max is amazing

Lianne said...

wow you got a lot of great books!

Nancy said...

Yeay! for a great week of books and some nice swag. POTS is an amazing book, how I wish I could read it for the first time again.

Thao said...

Great week. I love the books but I love Fairy Tale magnets and bookmarks more :D

Marie said...

Prophecy is suuuper awesome!

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Awesome books! =) I'm totally jealous of Prophecy of the Sisters. Thanks for mentioning me. <3 Hope you enjoy Oh. My. Gods.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...