Saturday, February 28, 2009

Same Stock Photo?

Is it just me, or is it the same stock photo on both of these covers? By golly, I've must've seen both of these covers individually so many times, but I just noticed a few minutes ago that they're the same. Pretty exciting, to discover a "lookalike", especially ones that were released so close together. Either way, both covers look original and super intriguing.

Justina Chen Headley's North of Beautiful seems to have received pretty good feedback, so I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out sometime.

On the other hand, I'm currently in the process of reading Alyson Noel's Evermore. I just got a copy in the mail a Thursday night from Steph Su (contest), which was really exciting. Unfortunately I was in the midst of huge unit tests/camping (i.o.w. no internet) but things have slowed down a bit so hopefully I'll be able to get through it this weekend. I'll keep you updated ;)

And as it's not a Leap Year, today's the last day of February already - wow! Two months into 2009 already; what have you accomplished so far?

11 comments:

lyrical charlatan said...

Wow, yeah, I would have jumped up and down on the spot if I discovered something like that. Hm... I'm going to check out those books; I haven't read anything new in such a long time.
I haven't really accomplished anything, and a sixth of this year has already gone by...:(

Anonymous said...

Haha, wow, I've never noticed anything like that before. Definitely the same stock photo. Is the book your reading any good?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 2 months into 2009 already and I practically didn't do anything that was on my resolution list. What a waste.

But I'm totally looking forward to the ending of March because I'll be resigning my work then. haha *happy*

But I never really notice those stock images on books. but wow, those two books really look alike!! :D hahaha, well, what to do? It fitted the 2 books well, I guess.

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

You'd be surprised how many books use the same photo for the cover. Scott Westerfeld posted something on lookalikes back in December. Here's the link if you're interested: http://scottwesterfeld.com/blog/?m=20081217

Megan said...

I really find all these lookalike things interesting, especially when two covers with the same picture can give off two such different vibes. Both covers are gorgeous in their own way!

cindy said...

thanks for entering my debut arc giveaway! i've got both these books coming my way via amazon. am very excited to read them! also, never noticed the stock foto image, either. wow. good catch.

Anonymous said...

Woah, you're right! They HAVE used the same stock image. I've never seen that before; you're excellent to spot it :P

How..unoriginal. :P

Anonymous said...

It is indeed exciting to discover this kind of thing but it's quite odd as well coz all the while I thought that book cover artists design/shoot their own photos and not use stock photos. Oh well. Thanks for sharing this! It really caught my attention :p

Anonymous said...

love your blog.

http://balmainbazaar.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

North of Beautiful is SO GOOD. :)

Emily Ruth said...

woah! I've looked at both these books so many times and never noticed that!
freaking awesome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...