Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Interview: Jennifer Banash; Update

Jennifer Banash is author of The Elite series:

Where do your ideas for writing come from?
Many of my ideas for my novels come directly from my own experience, but, more often than not, I'l become intrigued by something I see in a magazine, or newspaper article, and the story will just take off from there.

How do you deal with a lack of inspiration (i.e. the muse has gone on vacation)?
Sometimes it feels like the muse is taking a permanent leave of absence! What i get serious writers block, I stop trying to force myself to think of ideas, or write entirely. Instead I read a lot, watch movies, and try to take the pressure off of myself any way I can. I find that when I finally relax, the ideas come flooding back.

What advice would you give to other young aspiring writers?
The same advice everyone else seems to give in interviews--just write. A lot. And don't let anyone discourage you.

If a career in writing nor teaching was possible, what would you choose instead?
If I couldn't write novels or teach, I'd love to work in film as a director or cinematographer. My first love was photography, and I am a serious movie buff.


Name three things you couldn't live without?
My boyfriend, my dog, and chocolate :)

Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is Julia Child, oddly enough. She didn't even really learn to cook until she was 36, and managed to make an admirable career for herself late in life. I've always been kind of a late bloomer, so I really relate to her story.

Ice cream or popsicles?
Are you kidding? Ice cream!


---
Update:

Twist Tie recently won First Place in Catsagecat's Respect Models Week Contest (on dA) in the New Models category. There weren't that many entries, so it's not really that big a deal, but it was still quite exciting! :)

Natalie Imbruglia's Torn is presently stuck in my head. It's lovely.

Contests:
`Book Binge's Kill for Me, by Karen Rose
`Shooting Stars Mag's Shrinking Violet
`The Shady Glade's My Life in Pink & Green
`Shhh I'm Reading's Winner's Choice ARC Giveaway
`S. Krishna's Books' Mistress Shakespeare
`Mrs. Magoo's Four Fab Novels

4 comments:

Race said...

Another great interview!

Congratulations on winning!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! :D

And you're on a roll on the interviews! How are you able to interview them? :) So cool! :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on coming up with another interview. You're lucky with these kinds of opportunities :)

Unknown said...

Oooh great interview :D

thanks for commenting on my blog! that tea kettle is awesome hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...